At HEC Global Learning Centre we are excited to be linking schools from contrasting settings in our Tower Hamlets Schools Linking Project.
With an ever-increasing number of children from diverse backgrounds and with special needs arriving to our borough, this project provides an opportunity for continued professional development through school linking. By skilling up teachers who work in schools that integrate children’s diverse needs and abilities, we will send the message that everyone has something to offer when they are enabled.
The project support will include:
- Partnering with a like-minded school within your locality of Tower Hamlets, with similar desired outcomes as you.
- A training afternoon at the beginning of the project (06.11.18) to establish the approach that will be taken and to prepare co-ordinators to run all aspects of the project – both the learning and administration of your link.
- Further training and support afternoons towards the beginning of each term and a celebration afternoon (date to be decided by the group).
- All CPD sessions will take place at the PDC on Bethnal Green Road (map).
- Support and guidance to facilitate the Neutral Venue meetings, where the children will encounter each other for the first time in a safe space.
- On-going support by email and/ or telephone.
- Impact, reflection and evaluation activities built in, not bolted on.
- Tailored classroom resources for each term of activity:
Term 1: Explore Identity: ‘getting to know you’ theme to establish the link
Term 2: Celebrate Diversity
Term 3: Champion Equality and/or Promote Community
The project is structured around one teacher training afternoon (13:00 – 16:00) each term (06.11.18, 05.02.19 & 30.04.19) -to inspire ideas, lay down frameworks, and instigate deep, adult-level thinking around educating for inclusion.
The delivery will broaden children’s understanding and relationships through valuing diversity in our community by linking with a contrasting local school. Our proven support framework for teachers will be on hand throughout the year to ensure children’s meetings are joyful, equitable and meaningful.
Multiple classes can join the project from each school.
Interested to find out more? Please contact us!
Email Kalsuma at email@example.com