This exciting project for special schools involves partnering like-minded schools in East London and the East Midlands, towards enabling children to spend time getting to know themselves and others, through sharing stories, games & activities.
The aims of our project are:
• To work with special school teachers and students to tackle the themes of identity,
diversity and belonging.
• To build special school students’ life skills in order to build resilience to extremist messaging.
• To provide CPD for special school teachers to build skills, knowledge and
• To enable face-to-face meetings of special school students beyond their peer groups
and in contrasting settings.
• To facilitate learning communities of teachers to produce replicable classroom
materials on building resilience and countering extremist narratives for vulnerable
special needs students.