- This event has passed.
KA1 In-Service Training, London. Skills for the 21st Century Educator
24th April 2017 @ 10:00 am - 28th April 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Are you interested in developing critical thinkers and globally minded citizens?
Are you looking for innovative approaches to your teaching?
Do you want to refresh your toolkit with new skills?
This week long course offers a set of modules to enhance and enrich your teaching practice. The focus of the course is on developing a 21st century mindset in order to equip your students with knowledge, values and skills for an increasingly globalised world.
HEC Global Learning Centre specialises in creative and fun-filled teacher training with serious outcomes. Join us for some “serious play” !
€350 for 5 day programme
- Values and Human Rights Education: Our module provides an approach to teaching that works with values. It creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic attainment, and develops students’ social skills that last a lifetime.
- Teaching Controversial Issues and Media Literacy: This module will equip educators with skills necessary to help pupils discuss and engage with issues such as extremism, conflict, refugees and injustice and how these are represented by various media outlets, including, print, TV, digital and social media.
- Global youth citizenship: This module helps enable young people to develop the core competencies which allow them to actively engage with the world, and help to make it a more just and sustainable place.
- Monitoring and evaluating attitudinal change in learners
- Philosophy for Children: This module is designed to equip educators with the skills and confidence to develop students’ thinking skills, explore challenging subject matter and further their understanding of global citizenship through philosophical enquiry.
- Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue: This module equips educators with the skills and confidence to develop learners’ communication skills with people from diverse faith and cultural backgrounds, to help them challenge pre-conceived notions and stereotypes, use empathy and understanding in team work and share their opinions in a sensitive and thoughtful way.
The training programme includes:
- A visit to a school/college and the chance to observe lessons and speak with practitioners/teachers.
- Interactive engaging activities for you to take-away and use in your own practice.
- Space for reflection on your current practice as well as opportunities for networking and partner-finding for future projects
- An special surprise activity to consolidate your learning into actionable resolutions
- A mini-tour of London
- Suggested accommodation venues