Global Teacher Award [FULLY FUNDED] – Accredited by the British Council, Day 1
June 6 @ 1:15 pm - 4:30 pm
This course is for Primary and Secondary teachers, and it promotes skills, confidence and practical approaches to incorporate global learning into the curriculum, and active global citizenship into the school.
– Global Concepts – exploring the fundamentals of global learning
– Perspectives – questioning pupils’ and teachers’ assumptions
– Approaches to Learning – developing critical thinking skills
– Applying learning – in the classroom, the curriculum and beyond
– Measuring change – tools for evaluating impact
Endorsed by Oxfam and now approved by the British Council, this 6 hour introductory course is currently offered, across the country, free to schools and their teachers across all phases and all subjects.
To achieve Level 1, teachers implement an activity in school and critically reflect on the activity undertaken.
Dates: Two Thursdays – 6th and 27th June 2019